Lizzie Porter (R) – of Florida has an axe to grind…she has been known to be uncompromising and belligerent.
This Florida Lawmaker says,
“We’ve been told to listen to children and do what they ask. Are there any children on this floor? Are they making laws? Do we allow children to tell us we should pass a law that says no homework? No. The adults make the laws.”
When do we drain the Swamp?
via Daily Prompt: Uncompromising
Never has it been easier to buy an assualt weapon.
The New York Times Podcast, The Daily, produced an insightful show this morning about the ease of anyone 18, or older, to walk into a Gun Store, and buy a deadly AR-15.
“The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates there are roughly 5 million to 10 million AR-15 rifles owned in the United States. And, a small share of the roughly 300 million firearms owned by Americans.”
Top 5 Senators With the Most Contributions From NRA
John McCain (R, AZ) – $7.74 million
Richard Burr (R, NC) – $6.99 million
Roy Blunt (R, MO) – $4.55 million
Thom Tillis (R, NC) – $4.42 million
Cory Gardner (R, CO) – $3.88 million
Think: TRUMP – Pocket – NRA
Good Bye, California and Cashmere!
And turtle-necks, leather boots, scarves, and gloves, berets, blazers, and wool coats…
Hello, Flip flops, sandals, T-shrts, sundresses, capris
and suncreen in December
(and January, February, March…)
No reindeer – lots of Pink Flamingos –
No Snow-flakes – Lots of Snow-cones
Flipper and Flamingos – The New Normal
Florida- where Palm Reading takes on a whole new meaning.
Miami is just really fun whenever I go there. It’s like this post-apocalyptic Barbie world: everything is pink, and there’re palm trees everywhere. But then there are also all these people in crazy sunglasses
Top 10 things I learned about Florida
- The drivers in Florida are infamous for being are the worst in the nation.
- The produce is a lot more expensive- and you are spoiled in California.
- Everything is located in a strip mall: doctors, dentists, gourmet restaurants.
- There are big box stores everywhere- BJ’s, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Marshall’s.
- Dunkin’ Donuts is on every street corner; Floridians eat a lot of donuts.
- It’s hard to find a Wi-Fi cafés. It is hard to find a “coffee shop.”
- There are no bookstores. (Those two or three Barnes & Noble don’t count)
- Rain can fall in buckets, and miraculously cause traffic to crawl – then clear up instantaneously.
- The summertime clouds in Florida are breathtakingly spectacular. The hot, sticky humidity isn’t.
10. Everyone goes to the beach on the weekends- and it’s impossible to find a parking place- especially in light of the fact they just razed an 800-car parking garage.
And…There is a reason 1,000 people
move to Florida.
Me, smart, too
Florida’s Freshman Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) doesn’t mention University excellance, his GPA’s, SAT scores, or any scholastic accomplishments…he is just a good ol boy…
Mere minutes after getting sworn in he grabbed the mic and commenced to make a fool of himself.
All the world is watching and laughing at Little Matt
Mother Nature is not happy.
We are running out of time.
There are too many people chomping at the bit to destroy our planet
“All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.”
via Daily Prompt: Planet