Come fly with me! What are you looking for?
Hello, Beginner Daters, Here is a hot tip: slow down, babycakes.
Yes, you are excited. Dating again! Visions of romance and candlelight and holding hands and…are dancing in your head.
Perhaps your sky high expectations are all Dusty Springfield:
Thinkin’ and a-prayin’ Wishin’ and hopin’ this is “the one.”
Remember, the first few dates are not a job interview. Meeting for the first time is supposed to be fun, interesting, and a potential opportunity to click with a kindred spirit. Play nice. No guessing games. No games, period.
Take your time: Just because you both signed up for the same dating site doesn’t mean – at first blush – you have to divulge your income, IQ, blood type, age, weight, or divorce settlement. Seriously.
Maybe your absolute best, wildest dream date is a movie star… or a millionaire…a rock star…
Psst: Chances are – they are already taken.
Best Dating Advice for Beginners? Slow down, relax and enjoy the ride.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.
Henry Van Dyke
Do you feel invisible – as though you are totally camouflaged – when in the presence of other Singles?
Fact: A disappearing act is not a super power to develop while in Dating 2016. Get noticed!
Here Are Five Hot Tips help you get noticed and ‘liked’ by someone you are interested in as you prepare to Dive Into the Singles Dating Pool:
- Be Real – No Faux Photos; On your dating profile: delete that barrage of brags or self-consumed remarks.
- Be Honest – There is no need to (lie) embellish –Remember: ‘The better part of valor is discretion…’
- Be On – If you are going to join a dating site – you will have to be engaged – open and available. Plan on spending time at your computer. Reach out and touch someone.
- Be Aware – Yes, Virginia, there are good guys/gals and not so great guys/gals online – use discretion.
- Be Light – Online dating is not brain surgery nor does it require a PhD; it does require a sense of humor. Lighten up and enjoy the experience.
The Best Advice: No stone faces – smile more – day hello to more people in 2016, be kind. Get up off the couch and go outside and play.
Tell me how this is working for you firstname.lastname@example.org
Now You See Me